Con.T.E. - Confezione Tessuti Esclusivi - Exclusive Fabrics Tailoring
The brand made its debut in 1952 when the first shop with the name Con.T.E. (Confezione Tessuti Esclusivi – Exclusive Fabrics Tailoring) was opened near the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, offering ladies’ clothing made exclusively by hand by some of the city’s best-known dressmakers. In 1958 the name CON.T.E. was changed to Conte of Florence, and the shop made way for the company. Subsequently, on 21 July 1972, Conte of Florence SpA was incorporated. A logo comprising the letter “C” and a lily, the emblem of Tuscany’s regional capital, was added to the name Conte of Florence to underscore the brand’s origins.